Comprehensive State And IRS Tax Law Counsel
Samuel J. Erkonen, P.C., in Plainfield is a valuable legal resource for individuals, businesses and nonprofits in Illinois. Sam has a Master of Laws degree in taxation and has earned a reputation for his practical, ethical and loyal representation in all aspects of tax law. Sam is passionate about protecting the rights of taxpayers and solving problems when tax controversies darken the horizon.
Solid Tax Counsel In Plainfield And Greater Chicago
For entrepreneurs starting a new venture and ongoing businesses alike, avoiding tax problems before they occur is often the best strategy to protect the company. Sam is a skilled corporate lawyer who can proactively advise you about tax issues. For instance, many new business owners are surprised to learn that a corporate shield does not always apply to tax debts, such as employment taxes. Sam has extensive experience across the spectrum of tax counsel, including advising large corporations in tax law strategies. Sam works with businesses of all sizes to help them keep in compliance with the ever-changing employment and business tax laws.
Addressing Special Considerations In Forming A Nonprofit
Sam is active in the Plainfield community and is passionate about helping charitable organizations. Starting a nonprofit can be a daunting experience. Obtaining 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status is a vital step. Sam's dual experience in business law and tax law is invaluable at all stages of the process. He can help you properly structure your corporation and guide you through the nuances of obtaining full nonprofit status to help you and your cause succeed.
Solving Tax Controversies With Skill
Since earning his LL.M. in tax law in 1996, Sam has diligently represented individuals and businesses in solving tax problems at all levels of IRS tax controversies and litigation. The IRS and the Illinois Department of Revenue are given great power to collect tax debts. If you or your business is facing an audit or collection activities by state or federal tax authorities, the lawyer you choose to stand between you and the government can make a substantial difference in the outcome of your case.
Sam is well-versed in tax law and can provide solid guidance and representation to obtain favorable results to solve tax problems, including:
- Resolving business tax controversies
- Providing effective assistance with employer payroll taxes, including addressing the Trust Fund Recovery Penalty (TFRP)
- Solving individual income tax problems, including tax audit representation and addressing failure to file issues
- Pursuing effective relief in tax collection efforts, including offers in compromise, installment agreements and reducing tax debts through IRS penalty abatement or waiver
- Providing trial-proven representation in tax litigation
- To request a free initial consultation with an experienced tax attorney in Plainfield, call 815-919-6580 or send Sam a message using the online contact form.